The 2018/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship Board grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions in other to assist them financially.
- 1 About Lagos State Scholarship Board
- 2 How to Apply for 2019/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship
- 3 How to Purchase the 2018/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship Registration voucher
- 4 Deadline for registration into 2018/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship
About Lagos State Scholarship Board
In line with our state’s outlook as the centre of excellence, we look for ways to
- Encourage reward high academic standards in our students.
- Provision of educational assistance to the needy for the development of Lagos State
- Serves as advisory body and policy formulation organ on all scholarship matters (both local and foreign) of the State Government.
- In charge of administration and award of scholarships.
- In charge of administration of Bursary Award to all deserving indigenes of the State, running full time courses in Tertiary Institutions within the country
- Liaises between the Federal and Lagos State Government on Scholarship related matters. Such as the Nigeria awards
- Assists in coordinating different Scholarship Awards of the Federal Government to the citizens of the state e.g. Commonwealth and Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA).
All interested candidates for the Lagos state undergraduate scholarship award 2018/2019 must meet the following requirements;
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution.
All University applicants should note the following:
i. If your school’s CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) you must possess a minimum of 4.9/7.0
ii. Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he /she must possess a minimum of 3.5/5.0
All Polytechnic applicants should note the following:
iii. Where CGPA scale is 4.0 (e.g polytechnics and colleges of education) you must possess a Minimum of 2.8/4.0
Where applicant is a medical student in 200L, option i, ii and iii applies
Where applicant is a medical student in 300L and above a minimum of Credit is required in their result
All applicants must be in their second year or above (i.e admitted on or before 2015/2016 academic session).
All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government
All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form. (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board.
All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
School Identity Card or Valid means of school identification
Letter of identification from Oba
Letter of identification from Local Government
Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months).
Transcript or Result statement duly signed and stamped from school stating previous session CGPA results clearly
Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip.
Shortlisted applicant must participate in a Computer Based Test conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited in conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
Successfully tested applicants will be contacted for an oral interview.
How to Apply for 2019/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship
All interested and qualified candidates for Lagos State undergraduate scholarship 2018/2019 are required to complete an online application form located on www.scholastica.ng. While on the site, click on the Lagos state undergraduate scholarship then click on apply now or register to create your account. After creating your account, login with your email and password to complete your application and also upload your documents as listed above(All documents should be named accordingly).
After completing the form, click on apply now to submit your application then enter your secret voucher pin and LASSRA Number in the column provided.
After submission, you will receive an email and SMS that confirms your application was successful
Return tohttps://scholastica.ng/ enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department(HOD) sign the document.
Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
Keep the hard copy of the signed profile, this would also be used for verification.
Finally, return to www.scholastica.ng and update the application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion.
How to Purchase the 2018/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship Registration voucher
To secure your voucher pin, proceed to the Lagos Scholarship Board office, 254 Ipaja road, Agege, Lagos and show them your payment confirmation slip.
Deadline for registration into 2018/2019 Lagos State Undergraduate Scholarship
No deadline is stated on the official site however, it is important to act fast to avoid issues. Multiple application is not allowed.
See other scholarship posts: