The Joint Admission Matriculation Board, JAMB Head of Media and Information Department, Dr Fabian Benjamin On Sunday 15th April, 2018 during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the board has concluded arrangements to decide on the national admission cutoff marks for tertiary institutions for the 2018/2019 admission exercise.
According to him he said the Board has distanced itself from purported cutoff mark being circulated in some sections of the media, saying it did not emanate from the board.
Mr Benjamin said no such cutoff mark, whether for programmes or institutions had been released by JAMB as was being speculated.
“We want to seize this medium to debunk such rumours as they are malicious and wicked as they are designed to defraud innocent Nigerians, especially parents and guardians as well as other stakeholders.
“No cutoff marks will ever be decided upon without the usual policy meeting which has been scheduled to hold sometime in June, 2018 and which is to be chaired by the Minister of Education, Malam Adamu Adamu.
“Until that is done, every other thing that is being paraded as cutoff mark is fictitious and therefore, the public is hereby warned not to fall prey to these fraudsters.
“In the same vein, any institution that has commenced any form of admission without the official cutoff mark as would be decided upon at the June policy meeting is doing so illegally,” Benjamin warned.